On March 24, 2022, SPB Investment Ltd. held an online event, where our expert colleagues covered the following key topics.
- What to invest in times of war? Geopolitical risks and how to manage them
- Which sectors, currencies, and markets to invest in today? What do commodity markets promise?
- What will happen to the Forint? Inflation outlook and fears of interest rate increases. Where is the Euro/Forint exchange rate heading? Is OTP a good buy now?
The main economic challenges in 2022 could be inflationary pressures from rising energy prices, an intensifying epidemic in China, longer product delivery lead times, US interest rate increases and the difficulties of switching to alternative energy sources in the spotlight due to climate change – according to SPB Investment Ltd’s online investor event this morning where the company’s experts were seeking and also providing the answers to what to invest in when war is ongoing.
SPB’s bankers said that while the primary focus should be on dollar-denominated assets in the period ahead, investors should also look to the Australian, Norwegian and, for the more risk-taking, Chinese markets.
Recommended for reconsideration:
- Challenges: epidemic situation in China, interest rate increases in the USA, difficulties in switching to alternative energy sources
- It is worth purchasing shorter term dollar-denominated bonds
- The US banking sector, cyber defence and online payment options are attractive currently
- The defence industry is also poised for growth
- Australia and China also have something to offer to investors
Consultation in English
The event was held in Hungarian, however, if you are considering investing and are interested in the topics mentioned, we will be happy to arrange a personal meeting and consultation in English. We are at your entire disposal:
Mr. Sándor Szabó, Premium Banking Director, Member of the Board,
m: +36 30 320 0387, e: email@example.com